On October fourteenth, Morah and I will be celebrating our first year of marriage by spending the weekend in Portland. Our plan is to arrive Friday afternoon and leave Tuesday morning, which gives us roughly three and a half days to check out the city.
However, neither of us has been to Portland before, so we’re not really sure what there is to see and do. We’ve found a bunch of stuff online, but I’m sure there are plenty of things worth doing that we haven’t found. Plus, the best advice comes from people who have already experienced it. That being said, I’m calling upon my blog readers who have visited (or live in) Portland, to give us some advice on the things we need to see.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Things that can be done in a few hours. Since our time in Portland will be brief, and since a few of our activities are already extremely time consuming, we’re in search of things that we can squeeze in between.
- Things that can be done in the evening. Mostly, anyway. Our really long activities take place, for the most part, during daylight hours. I hear the nightlife in Portland is fantastic, so hook us up!
- Absolutely-cannot-miss Portland experiences.
- Things that can be done in the downtown area, or which will have ample parking. We’ll be staying in a hotel a few blocks Northwest of PSU and we plan to walk and take public transportation a lot.
- Great food and wine. This is, quite possibly, one of the most important categories! Food and wine are part of what make life worth living, and we want to experience the best of what Portland has to offer. We love most foods, so whatever you have, throw it our way.